IT'S LIKE A SKETCH SHOW...
AS A BLOG.

Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Panel Awards – An Award For The Un-Awardable


This week The Panel Awards an unknown graphic designer. The murdering, 40-sippin, drug dealing, gang banging - and in all probability – dead genius who invented the BLOOD hand sign.

The knotted up fingers that let any and all who care to glance your way that you are a member of the notorious Bloods and you wear red and kill people who wear blue.

This piece of graphic design is, if not genius, then ingenious. It took someone to think like they were looking in a mirror and say to themselves, “Now hold on… if I just twist my fingers…. And then I put my other one here…. And then bend this one here… Damn!” The equivalent to rubbing your belly and patting your head and saying the alphabet backwards.

We’d love to give the award to the creator but like I said earlier he’s probably dead and I have the same rules with neighborhoods that I do with nightclubs. If I can’t wear blue jeans I’m not interested in going.

Tu Pac R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Worth Going To

    • Collage (Bruise Remix) by Lady Blackbird Not since Roisin Murphy’s ‘Incapable’ has there been such a tub-thumping, sweat-dripping-from-the-walls euphoria d...
      3 years ago
    • Well here we are... 364 days since my last post. Let no man say it's been years since I've posted anything. With a summer break cones the chance to work t...
      6 years ago
    • Following on from the previous post. The billion little steps to better line was liked by Nokia I now had to produce some press executions to tell some of ...
      12 years ago
    • Due to an administrative hiccup, I'm flying back to London tonight, and not Tuesday, as I'd planned for. It's a shame I don't have another two days and a ...
      15 years ago